Friday, January 3, 2014

A Gatsby NYE.. and a couple of dresses :0)

Happy New Year!! I think 2014 is going to be a great year, and "better" than 2013. I never like to say that I'm happy the prior year has passed but this year I really do feel that way. It was just a strange year with some difficult times, with the exception of my sister's wedding of course-that was an incredible month ;).

This year we wanted to go all out to ring in the new year and luckily a friend in town threw an INCREDIBLE New Years Eve bash that may have even rivaled his prior one two years ago. I doubt you're reading this, but if you are, thank you James for making our New Years' fabulous! I can't imagine the amount of work that went into the party. It was a Great Gatsby theme, and if you saw the new movie that came out this year, I had a serious craving to attend a "Gatsby" party after watching it. I think this NYE took care of that. :0) Needless to say, Kyle and I spent New Years day watching football on the couch and drinking water. Lots of water.

My sis and her husband spent NYE with us, and naturally Ann and I waited until the last minute to consider what we were wearing for the night. Then I realized I had a box full of laces and trims collecting dust in the garage and thought what better opportunity to have some fun and make 20's themed dresses for the 2 of us? Or at least try..







We made a game plan, picked our favorite trims and then got to work.




It took quite a few adjustments, but was fun. I always love when we have an opportunity to hang out together. And I only stuck her with a pin once! :0) Oops.


With fun accessories and the knowledge that we would be spending the night practically in the dark, we thought they were going to be pretty cute for ringing in the new year!




We also decided it would be fun to throw a little Gatsby pre-soirĂ©e at our place before heading over to the real party. Kyle and I were good about capturing some moments in the beginning of the night but unfortunately have very few of the actual party later that night. 







A little video of some fun shots from the night that I am dedicating to my sweet friend Natalie.. I am going to miss you dearly! The big apple is ready for you though and we are all so proud of you xo a few goodies of us in here ;)

  Update: Unfortunately I just discovered this video won't play on phones or I-Pads  :/ !Working on this for future video posting..


trish s.'s Slidely by Slidely Slideshow


No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes