Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tea Upon Chatsworth~ Do it!







  This weekend my mom and sister and I went with with my aunts, cousins, and Grandma from my dad's side to "Tea Upon Chatsworth"--a local small business here in Point Loma.. and it was too much fun! I had never been to this spot but have always looked in the windows and wanted to go. (It is right next door to the European Cake Gallery which is pretty much THE BEST cake in town..a family favorite for years.) But if you have ever wanted to experience the essence of a real English Tea Room, I highly recommend this place. Very charming, and the staff was sweet and accommodating. There is also a neat ambiance and more delicious teas than you have ever heard of, or could possibly try in one sitting. A great option when flying 17 hours to London is out of the question :) 


               




We all had so much fun looking at their collection of Vintage English tea cups and plates. There were many China patterns, some that even my mom and Grandma had never heard of before. It was impressive.


 My Sis :0)


Spending time with the cousins is always a special treat. All the little girls are growing up so fast it hurts! Jacklyn can hardly be called a "little girl" anymore really.. she is turning into such a beautiful, mature mini adult- it kills me! I spent many summers as her nanny watching her grow up, and she has such a special place in my heart. Can't wait to have her as my babysitter in the "near" future.. that's a trip! And my flower girl, sweet little Alex always provides endless entertainment. :) Let's just say at the age of 6 we decided she probably should start her own fashion blog haha 



I should also add that the food was delicious. Butternut Squash soup to start, then Mini Brie and Cranberry Tarts, Buttermilk Scones, Tiny Shepherd's Pies, Chicken Salad & Cucumber and Dill Tea Sandwiches with walnuts and rosemary, just to name a few of the finger foods. Seriously. They also served fresh fruit, Petite Pecan Pies & Litzinger Cookies with Rose Petal Jam for dessert.. yes real rose petals.. ! Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get a picture of that.


You can even take some of your favorite tea home with you. Perfect for this time of year especially. So before leaving we did a little shopping at their wall of tea. 


I went with their Scottish Breakfast tea.. simple but so yummy! 


They sell all high-quality loose-leaf teas. For this reason I also had to purchase a mesh ball for steeping. It is large enough to make a whole pot with, but they sell tiny little ones too for making individual cups. Can't wait to make my husband have a tea party with me.. maybe that's pushing it a little too far? I need a little girl already!







1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! :) We've been to a similar place, Aubrey Rose Tea Room

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes